Time to revisit the old blog here. Let's see what is new, have a new car, new job, new apartment, basically a new life. That is not to say I don't miss my old one but this was like that full on jump into adulthood.
Speaking of new apartments I really like my new one except for the pain-in-my-ass neighbor who thinks music at conversation level is too loud. What really pissed me off is the fact that the first time she complained there was no "Hi I live a across the hall" civility. She was out and out rude about it. From what I can remember she said "I can hear your music and I am on the other side of the building!" At first I was like what other side, like the other side of the hall or the other side of the building. Keep in mind my building is long and narrow. So of course I turned it down and went about my poker game with my friends. Now this first time she complained in person at roughly 9:30 sure its close to 10 o'clock the quite hour, but the way she came across was not one of understanding or civility at all. So literally a week later I am listening to my music on my couch at an even lower volume, knowing that Nancy no tolerance to noise, lives within ear-shot. I go to work and open my email and I have an email from out property manager which reads,
"Hi Eric! I received a complaint from one of your neighbors regarding loud music being played inside your apartment. Can you please make sure to tone it down to respective level?"
which I thought to myself is this just her being slow to respond to last week or is this something new. Of course it was new, and I had about had it with this person. If I cannot live my life without having to walk on eggshells all day that is bullshit. This time was ever more outrageous because I had turned off my music at 8 because I wanted to watch a show, so clearly it's not the time of day. On top of that my music was even lower because I was trying to be respectful, I think this woman has an issue with music in general. I can understand if I was being loud and obnoxious, that is one thing, but to live my life as I have the past 8 years living in apartments never having a noise complaint and then suddenly have 2 in one week is complete nonsense. She clearly doesn't understand that other people live in the same building and despite her wishes we like to do things on our own accord, that is just part of apartment life! Anyways I am moving this weekend downstairs to a different unit and I would hope that this is the last I hear of her. The funny thing is that someone is looking at my current place now so if they have loud music she'll probably think its me still.
Sorry for the rant, but this is nuts.
200 posts
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment